Vacchereccia
Currently divided between the municipalities of San Giovanni Valdarno and Cavriglia, once the ancient village of Vacchereccia was a small independent municipality. In the archive of Badia a Passignano, the place is mentioned in a document dated 1282. In addition, the church of San Salvatore in Vacchereccia is mentioned, in a  1299 document from the Parish of Pancrazio. Originally the village was developed on the hill where the church stands, but over the time the urban evolution has affected the road that conects  the location Cavriglia to the locality of Ponte alle Forche, near San Giovanni Valdarno .

In Vacchereccia was born one of the first Workers' Mutual Aid Society. 

Back to Top